[SR-Users] kamailio-5.0.5 active/passive pcs/cluster with rtpengine - how to fix calls after failover

Karsten Horsmann khorsmann at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 12:21:42 CET 2018

Hello List,

and also an happy new year to everyone.

I use CentOS 7.4.x with kamailio 5.0.5 and rtpengine on a
pacemaker/corosync cluster
in front of an internal kamailio siprouter and media-services.

If i did an "pcs node standby" to failover my frontend-kamailio (udp/tcp
5060, udp/tcp 5061-tls and tcp websocket-secure) i noticed the following
scenarios:

1) Plain RTP: just stocks a few seconds and flows. Everything fine.
2) SDES/RTP: silence - but REINVITE manually in my client brings audio
back. Need improvement.
3) DTLS/RTP WebRTC: silence - all clients shows an active call. I know that
there is NO way to recover this call - because of the temporay DTLS
certificate due the rtpengine start-up.

So i thought - for scenario1) i dont need anything to do. Works nice.
For scenario2) i need something to "remember its SDES/RTP calls and send
them an REINVITE"
And for scenario3) i should just hangup all WebRTC calls - IMHO the best
for that.

How can i fire-up these tasks to get an "clean-up" or "reinvite" after an
failover?

scenario legend:
1) unencrypted call
2) TLS/SDES encrypted call