[SR-Users] rtpengine transcoding benchmarks?

Brooks Bridges bbridges at o1.com
Mon Feb 26 21:27:34 CET 2018

I realize the transcoding support is rather new, however has anyone run any real world tests on it yet?  Trying to get a sense of what the performance will be.

I'm aware that it's forced into userspace for transcoding so it's not *nearly* as efficient as the iptables module, however even if I have to throw a rack full of whiteboxes at it to get anywhere close to decent numbers that's still going to be comparable to a lot of the commercial options out there right now.

Brooks Bridges | Engineering Manager
O1 Communications
4359 Town Center Boulevard, Suite 217
El Dorado Hills, California 95762
office: 916.235.2097 | main: 888.444.1111, Option 2
email: bbridges at o1.com<mailto:bbridges at o1.com> | web: www.o1.com<http://www.o1.com/>