[SR-Users] How are SIP messages divided amongst TCP workers?

Cody Herzog CHerzog at IntouchHealth.com
Fri Feb 23 22:24:04 CET 2018

Regarding UDP, that all makes sense.

For my short-term needs, to minimize risk and infrastructure changes, it looks like the ASYNC module will work.

Here's the basic outline of what I'm doing:

                if ($var(isExpensiveOperation))

                # Do all my normal routing logic.

I detect at the very top of the main route whether the operation will be expensive.
If so, I process the message with an async worker.
If not, I directly process the message on the TCP worker.

The rest of the routing logic remains unchanged.
The only difference is that I execute the expensive operations using the async workers.

It's not the prettiest thing in the world, but it seems like an OK short-term fix to relieve pressure.
I will revisit the bigger architectural ideas in a later phase.

Thanks again for all your help and good ideas.

Happy Friday.