[SR-Users] RFC: db_redisusrloc module - review and how to deal with

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 11:03:03 CET 2018

Hello,

for fairness and a more complete picture, I should have mentioned that I
am somehow the first that broke into module specific backend with topos
and topos_redis. In that case, I was also guided by the goals of
squeezing what ever can be exploited in terms of performances from Redis
backend, given that topology hiding with stripping/adding back headers
for all SIP traffic needs be be (ideally) very fast.

The topos module had DB API support and can be used with mysql,
postgres, etc ... topos_redis was added as an alternative to use
directly a Redis server. However, topis_redis is not on top of DB API,
therefore a name not related to it at all.

--
Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio Advanced Training - March 5-7, 2018, Berlin - www.asipto.com