[SR-Users] RTPEngine QoS statistics and leg labelling

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Feb 14 18:21:49 CET 2018

Hi Richard,

On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 08:18:11AM -0500, Richard Fuchs wrote:

> On 2018-02-14 02:44 AM, Alex Balashov wrote:
> > Okay, so after having a spelunk through the source code, I have the
> > impression that this MOS / quality analysis functionality is limited
> > solely to feedback off RTCP supports.
> >
> > I was under the impression from the documentation that RTPEngine does
> > some stream analysis of its own, although in fairness, the documentation
> > does not explicitly make this claim or the contrary one way or another.
> > :-)
>
> It does gather some stats about the media streams on its own (even more so
> with the extended transcoding capabilities now), but at least one component
> of the MOS calculation (latency) depends on RTCP being provided by the RTP
> clients, so without that, no MOS score can be produced.

Which statistics can RTPEngine compute over the stream on its own? Since
I saw no metrics whatsoever for the B leg, I assumed none. I was running
mr5.5.3 however. Does this differ in 6+?

Also — I'm sure the question has been asked before — can RTPEngine send
its own RTCP sender/receiver reports?

My testing setup was:

   Phone --> Kamailio+RTPEngine --> Kamailio+RTPEngine --> Carrier
               (where tinkering        (ITSP
	        was happening)

Is there a way to turn on backward RTCP feedback from #3 back to #2?

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)