[SR-Users] Regular exepression issue in permissions module

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 14:27:45 CET 2018

On 09.02.18 14:19, Paulo Ferreira wrote:
> On Fri, 2018-02-09 at 13:36 +0100, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>> Hello,
>>

>> On 09.02.18 12:25, Paulo Ferreira wrote:
>>> Hi list,
>>> I'm testing permissions module with kamailio 5.1.1 and I was
>>> struggling
>>> with regular expressions in trusted requests part of module.
>>>
>>> I noticed that 9[0-9]{4} doesn't work as expected so I had to
>>> change it
>>> for 9[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9] to work.
>>>
>>> Is it supposed to be like that?
>>>
>>> Is there other way in this module to simplify the expression since
>>> it
>>> is not accepting the POSIX way?
>>>
>> it should be postfix regexp, at a matter of fact, the input is passed
>> the regexp implementation in libc, it is not written from scratch by
>> kamailio. I have seen in the past some situations that a regexp
>> didn't
>> work as expect on various versions of operating systems.
>>
>> Can you try and see if 9([0-9]){4} works?
> I tried and didn't work.
>
>> Otherwise, try with debug=3 in kamailio.cfg and see if you can spot
>> some
>> useful debug messages.
> I tried before attempting to discover what was wrong with the
> expression and no useful messages regarding this.

Can you try in kamailio.cfg:

$var(x) = "912345678";
if($var(x) =~ "9[0-9]{4}") {
  xlog("regexp matched\n");
}

Same regexp library is used. If this one works, then loading the value
from trusted might have some issues.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio Advanced Training - March 5-7, 2018, Berlin - www.asipto.com
Kamailio World Conference - May 14-16, 2018 - www.kamailioworld.com