[SR-Users] Contact and Record-Route are using Private IP Address- is this correct?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 12:24:39 CET 2018

Hello,

the Contact address is not set by Kamailio, unless it is a NOTIFY of a
presence server in Kamailio.

Record-Route should be the advertised address. You have to grab the pcap
or ngrep output for such a call for more analysis.

On 06.02.18 13:41, Wilkins, Steve wrote:

> Hello Samuel,
>

> I do listen on -
>
> listen=udp:localIP:port advertise externalIP:port
>
> listen=tcp:localIP:port advertise externalIP:port
>
> However, it is the localIP that is being used in contact and
> record-route.  I do have Asterisk in the mix, could that be what is
> causing the IP to be local?
>
> Also, what is strange is that some providers are able to use the local IP.
>

> Thank you,
>
> -Steve

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio Advanced Training - March 5-7, 2018, Berlin - www.asipto.com