[SR-Users] KEMI

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 20:44:03 CET 2018

The C code is the same for 99% of the KSR functions available either in
python or javascript (or the other kemi languages). Only KSR.pv and
KSR.x functions are implemented in the app_python or app_jsdt modules.
So if such a KSR function is broken, it is the same everywhere

Probably KSR.pv can be moved in a common place, but KSR.x are specific
extensions for each interpreter, so it will stay in app_*.

Then of course, it is a matter of the script interpreter, python vs js
ducktape, which are external project, we just bind to them. Also, it is
about the maintenance of app_python and app_jsdt. I am not the developer
of app_python and I cannot assert its state, I just added the kemi
enhancement. app_jsdt was developed by me, but I haven't used it
extensively so far.

Probably you can do some basic configs and test yourself and see what
fits your needs better, you can start from the examples at:

  - https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/tree/master/misc/examples/kemi

In long term, you have to look at the extensions you may need, what
python offers vs ducktape js interpreter in terms of their own
extensions and libraries.

--
Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio Advanced Training - March 5-7, 2018, Berlin - www.asipto.com