[SR-Users] kamailio does not responde if an rtpengine is unreachable

David Escartin descartin at bts.io
Sat Dec 29 10:59:07 CET 2018

hello Daniel

Thanks a lot for the update. We will also test it.

It has not 100% relation with this issue, but i only wanted to share the setup we have for cases where a rtpengine fails having high traffic load, to minimize the impact on the kamailio processes.

modparam("rtpengine", "queried_nodes_limit", 2)
modparam("rtpengine", "rtpengine_retr", 2)
modparam("rtpengine", "rtpengine_tout_ms", 350)

considering we don't use sets with more than 2 rtpengine instances, at least for retry attempts. And your rtpengine instances are in the same network too.

this works quite fine for us, there are some few secs of impact while the rtpengine is marked as disabled, but the system recovers quite ok.

best regards
david