[SR-Users] xlog $mb produces ERROR

Andrew Chen achen at fuze.com
Wed Dec 26 22:24:07 CET 2018

Hey community,

I'm currently trying to config our new 5.1.2 kamailio server and I want to
xlog $mb.  Whenever I do this, I get an ERROR logged to my syslog

Dec 26 21:15:58 sjomainkama55 /usr/sbin/kamailio[5954]: {1 1 INVITE
sjomainkama55.a.fuzemeeting.com:443

Does anyone know why this is?

Also, I noticed I can't get rid of #012#015 at all.  I modified the
rsyslogd.conf file as instructed here:

"i need to add the next line to /etc/rsyslog.conf
"$EscapeControlCharactersOnReceive off"

and when I did this, the control characters disappear but all it printed
out was the first line of the SIP message.  I also try to assign $mb to a
$var() and do a {re.replace} on
that string and that didn't work either.

I ended up having to create a side script to parse the whole
/var/log/syslog and do regex replace the #012#015 with real newline which
is not what I really want for me or anyone else who needs to analyze the
Kamailio logs.

Please advise.

Thanks.

--
Andy Chen
achen@ <achen at thinkingphones.com>fuze.com

--
*Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail and any

attachments may be confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, you

are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this

e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,

please notify the sender and permanently delete the e-mail and any

attachments immediately. You should not retain, copy or use this e-mail or

any attachment for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of the

contents to any other person. Thank you.*