[SR-Users] failure route is not executed when suspended invite is cancelled

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 10:17:20 CET 2018

Hello,

so I looked at the code and the patch was catching the case of no
outgoing branches even for suspended transaction, to be coherent with
the case when the transaction is not suspended. Practically there are
two checks to detect these cases -- it is the code block at:

  *
https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/blob/master/src/modules/tm/t_fwd.c#L1276-L1295

Why would you need a failure_route execution in this case? Being a
cancelled transaction by UAC, it should not be forwarded anymore.

I am trying to figure out if there is need to do a (rather complex)
failure_route execution, or better introduce a (more lightweight)
event_route for these cases (both with and without suspend).

Kamailio World Conference - May 6-8, 2019 -- www.kamailioworld.com
Kamailio Advanced Training - Mar 4-6, 2019 in Berlin; Mar 25-27, 2019, in Washington, DC, USA -- www.asipto.com