[SR-Users] [sr-dev] RFC: updates to some core functions

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 09:41:55 CET 2018

corex module was added to hold the functions that otherwise would be
more or less "in the core", like those that were updated to support
variables in the parameters, so this is the one to take the place of
core in regard to exporting functions.

tmx was added because tm module became very big, but also to try to
separate a bit between transaction management code and some functions in
top of it, in the way that tmx can work only with exported api by tm, so
if one adds a function there doesn't get access to all internals of
transaction and it is safer not to mess up things there. It is more or
less like usrloc and registrar, usrloc does internal management of
location records, registrar is the interface to configuration file (but
there are other modules on top of usrloc, like pua_usrloc, dmq_usrloc, ...).

kex is the one that collected some functions that use to be in kamailio
(or better said openser at that time) but not in ser during 2005-2008
and can be a module that be analyzed to see if can be merged into other
modules. A big chunk of it used to be related to MI commands, but as we
got rid of MI, might be easier now to split parts of it and relocate.