[SR-Users] FreeBSD Kamailio pkg

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 09:32:08 CET 2018

The latest version doesn't relay to other sip servers is authentication
is not enabled. So practically a default kamailio installation can be
used to call only between users that register to that instance. I think
is fair enough from security vs easy-to-start balance.

User authentication is not enabled because depends on a database
backend, and that is a choice of people installing it. Maybe we can add
an installation wizard somewhere (maybe in kamcli) that can be run and
allows users to select some of the options inactive (the defined
feature) in the default configuration file and updates the kamailio.cfg
to enable them (add the corresponding #!define tokens).

And again, if someone here has ideas about what we should add in the
default config file, security related or something else, just propose here.