[SR-Users] Kamailio ERROR: _reply_light(): can't generate xxx reply when a final yyy was sent out

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 08:49:00 CET 2018

Hello,

On 13.12.18 07:22, Olli Attila wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm getting these error messages on kamailio log from time to time:
> Dec 11 19:18:30 /usr/sbin/kamailio[23913]: ERROR: tm [t_reply.c:482]:
> _reply_light(): can't generate 487 reply when a final 200 was sent out
> Dec  8 04:44:56 /usr/sbin/kamailio[14960]: ERROR: tm [t_reply.c:482]:
> _reply_light(): can't generate 487 reply when a final 486 was sent out
> Dec  5 07:46:04 /usr/sbin/kamailio[14961]: ERROR: tm [t_reply.c:482]:
> _reply_light(): can't generate 487 reply when a final 480 was sent out
>
> Kamailio is configured to act as a proxy between SBC and a softswitch.
> According to the signaling we can see that these errors occure when
> the SBC sends CANCEL message towards Kamailio when at the same time
> final reply is received from the Softswitch side. The call seems to be
> teared down nicely and finally Kamailio replies to SBC by sending "200
> ok, no more pending brances". I guess Kamailio treats this situation
> as an error because the sip processing engine has sent the final reply
> out and at the same time SBC sends the CANCEL to Kamailio. Is there
> any way we could handle this situation better on Kamailio end? The
> three example ERROR messages are from cases where B subscriber has
> answered the call, the B has been busy and the last one is from a case
> where B subscriber has been temporarily unavailable.

this kind of the race can happen and it is ok from specs point of view.
The proxy already finished the transaction from its perspective, once it
sent out a final response, so changing that makes no sense. Probably
this log message should not be an ERROR, maybe an INFO or even DEBUG.

Kamailio World Conference - May 6-8, 2019 -- www.kamailioworld.com
Kamailio Advanced Training -- www.asipto.com