[SR-Users] P-CSCF without Rx interface

Mojtaba mespio at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 22:27:51 CET 2018

Hi,
The answer is right,

About your question: "I'm not able to find how to tell P-CSCF where to
direct the sip traffic. It obviously should happen in
route[REGISTER]."

In [REGISTER] route block you could see this line:
$ru = "sip:"+$rU+"@"+$rd;
Actually you are setting R-URI, In this line the $rd PV refer to ICSCF
in IMS network.
With Regards. Mojtaba
On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 6:15 PM Iman Mohammadi
<iman.mohammadi.telecom at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> You can comment RX in pcscf.cfg but if you don't use a PCRF or a EPC that's not VoLTE call any more and You can use a softphone like Zoiper to set up call on your ims and check your ports that you specify for P-CSCF and I-CSCF in DNS and cfg files for solving loop problem
>
> On Mon, Dec 10, 2018, 17:53 Tsvetan Filev <tsvetan.filev at inno-networks.com wrote:
>>
>> Hi All.
>>
>> May be this has been asked before but I was not able to find an answer.
>> I setup IMS with 3 instances of kamailio: P-CSCF, I-CSCF and S-CSCF (I
>> got the config files from here
>> https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/tree/master/misc/examples/ims).
>> I would like to register two clients to the IMS and make a VoLTE like call.
>> So I want to setup my P-CSCF to send SIP messages to my I-CSCF without
>> Rx interface (without using PCRF).
>> I'm not able to find how to tell P-CSCF where to direct the sip traffic.
>> It obviously should happen in route[REGISTER].
>> Right now P-CSCF sends all REGISTER requests to itself and goes to a loop.
>>
>> Regards.

--Mojtaba Esfandiari.S