[SR-Users] is_e164 logic to detect valid number

Mojtaba mespio at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 07:25:16 CET 2018

Hello,
it's strange that why this function (actually i mean e164_check
function) doesn’t check the length of number!
Based on Recommendation ITU-T E.164, Annex A.3 Number length, it
should be matched with one of structures that is explained there
So you could do check it yourself with regex.
With Regards. Mojtaba
On Mon, Dec 3, 2018 at 8:39 AM Patrick Wakano <pwakano at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello list,
> Hope you are all doing fine!
>
> I am using the is_e164() function to validate the number we receive, and I come to see that the number +555 was accepted....
> After some googling it looks like(it is not very clear though) that 7 digits are the minimum we could have for e164 numbers but after checking the source code, I saw it accepts anything starting with + and having between 2 and 16 numbers. So is it really valid to have a number with just 2 digits? What is the case?
>
> Thank you,
> Kind regards,
> Patrick Wakano

--Mojtaba Esfandiari.S