[SR-Users] Interesting issue with ACK back from 200 OK INVITE

Wilkins, Steve swwilkins at mitre.org
Thu Aug 30 02:08:53 CEST 2018

Hello All,

I have had an issue for quite some time where I needed to open two UDP ports (via LISTEN) for some softphone UAC's to stay connected. Funny enough there is one Provider that works with the Single UDP.  I think I finally see why I was needing two listening UDP ports.  When the ACK is returning from Asterisk to Kamailio, the ACK is coming back as protocol TCP, not SIP, causing the call to drop.  I finally realized this but I am not sure what would cause this and why one provider phone works but not the others.  Once this is resolved, I may actually say...It works!

Thank you,
-Steve