[SR-Users] SIP and RTP Proxy for multiple Servers

Daniel Tryba d.tryba at pocos.nl
Thu Aug 23 10:50:43 CEST 2018

On Thu, Aug 23, 2018 at 09:42:09AM +0200, sewlist at gmail.com wrote:
> https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/Kamailio+basic+setup+as+proxy+for+FreeSWITCH
>
> I would like to to ensure RTP proxy is always used(possible re-framing
> ptime) and we have  multiple soft switches

Don't know if rtpproxy can do this, rptengine should be able to.

> Is it possible to setup kamailio.cfg so my customers can point the endpoint
> to kamailio and domain names contains the server we want to use to register
> with?

If you look at your config, all calls to rtp_* are conditional. If you
want to always call the rtp_* function, just remove the conditions. eg

# RTPProxy control
route[RTPPROXY] {
#!ifdef WITH_NAT
       if (is_method("BYE")) {
               #unforce_rtp_proxy();
               force_rtp_proxy();
       } else if (is_method("INVITE")){
               force_rtp_proxy();
       }
       if (!has_totag()) add_rr_param(";nat=yes");
#!endif
       return;
}

becomes

route[RTPPROXY] {
       if (is_method("BYE")) {
               #unforce_rtp_proxy();
               force_rtp_proxy();
       } else if (is_method("INVITE")){
               force_rtp_proxy();
       }
       return;
}

You already added an unconditional call to route(RTPPROXY).