[SR-Users] Struggling with RTPProxy and RTPEngine

Daniel Tryba d.tryba at pocos.nl
Thu Aug 23 10:35:33 CEST 2018

On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 05:05:02PM +0000, Wilkins, Steve wrote:
> The SIP traffic is working this way for me but I still see RTP traffic going directly from Asterisk to the UAC, which means they need to whitelist asterisk IP.  Am I missing something?

In what sense do they need whitelisting? In a common NATed solution
where is no white/blacklist needed. UA gets RTP endpoints from SDP,
starts sending packets to ip/port and the destination will send back
packets to the source ip/port, the router/firewall will just send this
to the actual UA. I have yet to find an UA that cares about where the
RTP stream is coming from with regards to the SIP traffic.