[SR-Users] Registered User limit

Henning Westerholt hw at kamailio.org
Thu Aug 16 18:52:08 CEST 2018

Am Donnerstag, 16. August 2018, 13:10:36 CEST schrieb Philip Fleck:
> Is there a limit to the number of users which can be registered on Kamailio
> at any one time, or a configuration file which sets this.
>
> I have just installed Kamailio in a lab environment for testing purposes
> but I seem to only be able to register 1024 users, all remaining Register
> requests are ignored.
> I am not using a database to authenticate users or anything, just want to
> be able to register upto 10,000 users.

Hello Philip,

there is no inherent limit in Kamailio. The limit of registrations per
Kamailio server is a function from different factors:

- performance of the machine
- Re-Registration interval
- network topology and protocols
- Registration storage (Database, memory etc..)
- etc..

Some people on this lists are handling more than hundred-thousand
registrations per server. But in the end it depends a lot on your setup.

If you still have this problem, please describe more details about your
problem (kamailio version, setup, error messages in kamailio or system logs).

Best regards,

Henning

--
Henning Westerholt