[SR-Users] Registered User limit

Mojtaba mespio at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 15:30:14 CEST 2018

Hello,
When ever the UE is registered in Kamailio, One entry on Linux ARP
cache is fiiled. The default size of Linux ARP cache size in 3 levels
are:
gc_thresh1:
The minimum number of entries to keep in the ARP cache. The garbage
collector will not run if there are fewer than this number of entries
in the cache. Defaults to 128.
gc_thresh2:
The soft maximum number of entries to keep in the ARP cache. The
garbage collector will allow the number of entries to exceed this for
5 seconds before collection will be performed. Defaults to 512.
gc_thresh3:
The hard maximum number of entries to keep in the ARP cache. The
garbage collector will always run if there are more than this number
of entries in the cache. Defaults to 1024.

Then you should update the above parameters in your linux, like this:
echo 512 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/neigh/default/gc_thresh1
echo 1024 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/neigh/default/gc_thresh2
echo 2048 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/neigh/default/gc_thresh3
These changes will remain until the next reboot. To make the changes
permanent, add the following lines to your /etc/sysctl.conf file.
net.ipv4.neigh.default.gc_thresh1 = 512
net.ipv4.neigh.default.gc_thresh2 = 1024
net.ipv4.neigh.default.gc_thresh3 = 2048

With Regards.Mojtabaa

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 3:49 PM, Alex Balashov
<abalashov at evaristesys.com> wrote:
> That sounds uncannily close to an open file descriptor limit.
>
> --
> Sent from mobile. Apologies for brevity and errors.

--Mojtaba Esfandiari.S