[SR-Users] Can Kamailio interface with an asterisk server based on the fqdn of a call?

Henning Westerholt hw at kamailio.org
Mon Aug 13 20:54:28 CEST 2018

Am Montag, 13. August 2018, 19:48:49 CEST schrieb Wilkins, Steve:
> Is it possible for Kamailio to interface with a particular Asterisk Server
> based on the FQDN of a caller?
>
> I would like to pass calls received by Kamailio through to different
> Asterisk Servers based on the FQDN of the caller.  I have used Load
> Balancing before, but I want to select which Asterisk Server the call is
> directed to.

Hello Steve,

not sure what you you mean with FQDN. But you can access arbitrary SIP headers
(and many more) inside the Kamailio configuration and then route the SIP
message accordingly. Have a look to the pseudo-variable section in our wiki to
get some inspiration. There are also modules like lcr, carrierroute and other
to do it with the help of a module and possible database tables.

Best regards,

Henning

--
Henning Westerholt