[SR-Users] Upgrade from 4.4 to 5.1

Daniel Tryba d.tryba at pocos.nl
Mon Aug 13 16:46:33 CEST 2018

On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 02:16:36PM +0000, Nicolas Breuer wrote:
> Just put version_table="version44" in Kamailio.conf ?

I tried ammend my message, but (hopefully) more clear:

version_table points to an alternate table in the database that contains
the versions of the other tables. If both kamailio 4.x and 5.x just look
at the same table ("version") at least 1 will fail (on restart due to
static checks against the versions listed per module).

So copy the current (4.4.x) table to "version44":
create table version44 select * from version
(or whatever you sql backend understands).
Set this for the machines that will stay at 4.4.x and follow the upgrade
path for the other(s).