[SR-Users] app_lua and lua_run parameter count

Asgaroth 00asgaroth00 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 12:50:34 CEST 2018

Hi All,

Quick question with regards the lua_run function in app_lua module.

The documentation for v5.0.x states:

"Execute the Lua function 'func' giving params as parameters. There can
be up to 3 string parameters. The function must exist in the script
loaded at startup via parameter 'load'. Parameters can be strings with
pseudo-variables that are evaluated at runtime."

Does this mean that lua_run can only have 3 parameters, or, does it mean
that the function within the lua script can have up to 3 parameters?

I have a function within lua that currently needs 3 parameters, so I'm
hoping I can do the following:

lua_run("some_function", "param_1", "param_2", "param_3")

However, I'm not sure, from the documentation, if I can do this.

On a side note, but related, can I pass defined variables/constants as
parameters to lua_run too, for example, something like:

#!define VAR_1 1234
#!define VAR_2 hello

lua_run("some_function", "$rd", VAR_1, VAR_2)

Some clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading.