[SR-Users] DMQ mem leak issues

Charles Chance charles.chance at sipcentric.com
Wed Aug 8 12:36:59 CEST 2018

Hi Rogelio,

I have been running master on a three-node lab (one primary, two secondary)
for the past 24 hours or so, maintaining 2000 registrations on the primary,
replicating to both secondaries, and memory usage has remained constant
throughout.

I will leave it running for another 24 hours to be sure but in the
meantime, you mentioned you are loading records from DB - which mode are
you using for writing (write-through or write-back)? Do you experience the
same symptoms if you disable the database completely on the secondary nodes
(or just one for testing) and instead, enable sync in dmq_usrloc?

Cheers,

Charles

On 7 August 2018 at 16:42, Julien Chavanton <jchavanton at gmail.com> wrote:

> I wonder if this could be introduced by a regression or if you are facing
> a specific edge case
>
> I briefly looked at the commits of DMQ and DMQ_USRLOC
> It seems there was significant work done.
> I would give a try with 5.0.0 and then we will at least learn that this is
> not a recent regression.
>
> On Mon, Aug 6, 2018 at 1:43 PM, Rogelio Perez <rogelio at telnyx.com> wrote:
>
>> Charles, Julien, Daniel,
>>
>> The results are pretty much the same, the mem leak is still there and we
>> need to restart Kamailio when it reaches certain threshold.
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/enxx6b7t0c8vl49/Selection_539.png?dl=0
>>
>> Is there anything else we can try?
>> Will a core dump file tell us what's causing it?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Rogelio
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 2, 2018 at 2:57 PM Rogelio Perez <rogelio at telnyx.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks Charles, it's working now.
>>> I'm deploying to production and confirming results soon.
>>>
>>> Rogelio
>>>

>> --
>> <https://telnyx.com>
>> Rogelio Perez | engineering | telnyx <https://telnyx.com>
>> chicago: +1 312 270 8119 | dublin: +353 1 912 6119

Sipcentric Ltd.
                Company registered in England & Wales no.
7365592. Registered
                office: Faraday Wharf, Innovation
Birmingham Campus, Holt Street, Birmingham Science Park, Birmingham B7 4BB.