[SR-Users] UDP workers block when one or more rtpengine instances go offline

Sebastian Damm damm at sipgate.de
Tue Aug 7 14:49:58 CEST 2018

On Mon, Aug 6, 2018 at 6:56 PM Daniel Tryba <d.tryba at pocos.nl> wrote:
> BTW forgot to ask: are you REJECTing or DROPing packets?
> A reject should trigger a failover in the rtpengine_* calls immediately.

Of course, we block the traffic with a REJECT rule.

> A drop will result in a timeout mechanism triggering, which according to
> your description blocks the thread.

But since we have configured 120 seconds as disable_timeout, I could
expect a short period of blocking but after that it should run again
for at least 120 seconds. But from what we see, this does not happen.

Oh, and we tested the disabling and enabling via kamctl before, but as
far as I remember, while disabling still worked, Kamailio crashed
reproducably when enabling an rtpengine again.

Regards,
Sebastian