[SR-Users] UDP workers block when one or more rtpengine instances go offline

Sebastian Damm damm at sipgate.de
Mon Aug 6 12:58:00 CEST 2018

Hi,

we run multiple rtpengine servers to share the load. Whenever we need
to take an rtpengine server offline, we used to just block the control
port via iptables, then no new calls ended up on this instance of
rtpengine. This worked pretty well in Kamailio 4.4.5.

However, since Kamailio 5.0, and the problem persists with 5.1.4,
Kamailio hangs almost immediately after we block the control port
traffic. In the log file there are almost no packets processed except
every few seconds, which looks like a timeout thing.

Did we configure anything wrong there? Or is the "dead rtpengine
detection" just broken?

Our configuration:

loadmodule "rtpengine.so"
modparam("rtpengine", "rtpengine_disable_tout", 120)
modparam("rtpengine", "setid_avp", "$avp(rtpsetid)")
modparam("rtpengine", "rtpengine_sock", "0 == udp:1.2.3.4:9001=2
udp:1.2.3.5:9001=2 udp:1.2.3.6:9001=2")
modparam("rtpengine", "rtpengine_sock", "1 == udp:2.3.4.5:9001=2")

Any help appreciated.

Regards,
Sebastian