[SR-Users] DMQ and/or Database for dialogs, registrations, etc..

Charles Chance charles.chance at sipcentric.com
Mon Apr 30 22:13:57 CEST 2018

On Mon, 30 Apr 2018 at 17:08, Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 11:13:13AM +0200, Aleksandar Sosic wrote:
>
> > We have a scalable dockerized environment and it's difficult to
> > configure DMQ having dynamic IPs, instances booting up and scaling
> > down on demand.
>
> A DNS alias that resolves to multiple entries is a great way to do that:
>

> https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.1.x/modules/dmq.html#dmq.p.notification_address
> https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.1.x/modules/dmq.html#dmq.p.multi_notify

This is how we’re doing it.

> although it'd be great if DMQ could exclude the local host from those
> notification peers automatically, so that one didn't have to set up
> multiple, exclusionary DNS entries for specific instances. Who knows,
> maybe it can.

It should be doing this already. If this is not the case, let me know in a
separate thread and I can take a look.

As for initial syncing of data, htable and dialog modules do not do this
currently, although I actually have it implemented locally in htable and
plan to push it soon to master. Dialog should not be difficult to do the
same.

Cheers,

Charles

--
*Charles Chance*
Managing Director

t. 0330 120 1200    m. 07932 063 891

--
Sipcentric Ltd.
                Company registered in England & Wales no.