[SR-Users] Failure Route Issue

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Apr 17 21:10:52 CEST 2018

Hi Mack,

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 03:03:37PM -0400, mack at dopensource.com wrote:

> Maybe, I’m not understanding.  How do I get Kamailio to send the ACK
> to the media server versus sending it to the SIP service.  It seems
> that Kamailio is remembering the negative ACK, which was already sent
> back to the SIP service and it’s sending it again versus sending the
> ACK to the Media Server.

For a negative ACK, the sequence of events should be something like:

    UA 1           Kamailio          UA 2
    =====================================
    --- INVITE --->

    <- 100 Trying -
                           -- INVITE -->

			  <- 100 Trying -

Kamailio's transaction layer (TM) should absorb the negative ACK from UA
1 as part and parcel of t_check_trans().

This is all laid out in the stock config file boilerplate.

-- Alex

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)