[SR-Users] Is RTPProxy the way to go?

Robert Johnson robert.j at bendtel.com
Thu Apr 12 23:05:39 CEST 2018

I'm encountering a situation where an endpoint will renegotiate it's RTP
ports but RTPProxy does not honor the new ports and continues to send
audio to the old ports.

I realize that I'm running a (very) old version of RTPProxy and that I
should upgrade before submitting any bugs or asking for help with the
program.

My question is, is RTPProxy still the way to go? And if so, is v2.0.0
the best version to go with? https://github.com/sippy/rtpproxy/releases

At a basic level, the network looks like this

                      +---------------+       +--------------+
                      | Priv. Network |       | Pub. Network |
| PSTN <---> Softswitch <-------->  Kamailio +  <--------> EndPoints |
|      |   |            |        |    RTPProxy  |        |           |