[SR-Users] Kamailio ​ds_ping_interval Performance

Atul Thosar atulthosar at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 13:53:38 CEST 2018

Thanks all for your responses.

I am new to Kamailio, so appreciate if some one can help me with sample
code where kamailio routes call to another FreeSWITCH server if 1st
FreeSWITCH server does not respond in some time, say 3 sec. Btw I have a
query on this approach. Consider a following scenario -

0. kamailio is configured w/ 2 FreeSWITCH servers in dispatcher and with
configuration where on not receiving response to INVITE in 3 sec, kamailio
will forward the call to another FreeSWITCH server.
1. kamailio receives INVITE and forwards INVITE to FreeSWITCH #1
2. FreeSWITCH #1 receives INVITE, but 100 trying response could not reach
to kamailio bec of network break, say for 4 sec.
3. So After 3 sec, since kamailio does not receive any response from
FreeSWITCH #1, it forwards INVITE to FreeSWITCH #2
4. FreeSWITCH #2 responds with 200 OK and kamailio receives it.
5. After 4 sec, when network recovers, FreeSWITCH #1 sends 200 OK to
kamailio. How kamailio would behave here? Will it drops the call w/
FreeSWITCH #1?

--
​Thanks,
Atul Thosar