[SR-Users] In-dialog BYE request, how to return back to original sender ?

Loic Chabert chabert.loic.74 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 11:57:55 CEST 2018

Hi list,

I'm facing an routing issue with the following sip infrastructure:

ASTERISK 1 ---\___ Kamailio proxy ____ Kamailio frontend ___ IPBX
ASTERISK 2 ---/

And please find below desired call-flow:

1 - An asterisk 1 server send a call to a proxy
2 - This proxy make a location lookup, and send it to kamailio frontend
proxy
3 - Frontend proxy relay to Wazo PBX (for example)
4 - Callee respond ...
5 - Callee hangup the call, so Wazo PBX send a BYE request to kamailio
frontend proxy
6 - Based on Route headers, frontend forward BYE request to proxy
7 - ... here cames issues ...

Question is simple (but answer will be probably more complex): how can i
sent in dialog BYE request to ASTERISK 1, and not asterisk 2.

Should i use dispatcher module ?
Should i use specials headers to send back to Asterisk 1 the BYE request ?
What is the normal behaviour for in-dialog requests ?

I can't find any answers on SIP RFCs or any archived messages on mailing
list.

Thanks in advance,
Best regards.