[SR-Users] Kamailio ​ds_ping_interval Performance

Atul Thosar atulthosar at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 03:06:01 CEST 2018

Hi All,
I am using Kamailio
​*​*
*v4.4.x* to load balanced traffic to FreeSWITCH servers. I have query
regarding ds_ping_interval and ds_probing_threshold. We have very high
traffic (around 200-400
​ (CPS)​
calls per sec) hitting on Kamailio which then distribute it to 2-3
FreeSWITCH servers.
​ ​
What is the optimal value should I set to ds_ping_interval and
ds_probing_threshold?

If I set
​​
ds_ping_interval=2 and
​​
ds_probing_threshold=1 then in every 2 sec, I would come to know if my
​​
FreeSWITCH server is down/up. But by setting such low values, I afraid
there would
​be ​
lot of SIP traffic on network.
​ If I set high (say
​
ds_probing_threshold=5) then I may loose high number of calls (200 CPS, I
will loose 1000 calls) in case
​
FreeSWITCH server is down. ​

As I said earlier we have very high traffic hitting on Kamailio, can't
kamailio use INVITE itself to probe FreeSWITCH server is down/up? In case
of low traffic can't it switch over to OPTION mechanism?

--
​Thanks in Advance​
,