[SR-Users] Question about Kamailio Performance

Jiankai Zhu zhujiankai at icloud.com
Thu Sep 28 04:00:00 CEST 2017

My goal:

make sure when using kamailio as engine I can achieve:
on systems with 4GB memory, Kamailio can serve a population over 300 000 online subscribers
<from: https://www.kamailio.org/w/features/ >

Test bed:
CPU: 4 cores , 4G RAM

Kamailio 5 with Mysql.

Test source:another server running SIPp

10k subscriber in Mysql .  6000 Register Per Second ,  reuse 10k user to register , it works fine.  If register 50 every second for per user it seem 300 k subscribers should work.
(about 300% cpu used of totally 400% cpu. All requests finished without retransmit and fail. )

add 90k subscriber into Mysql .
100k subscirbers in Mysql . 1000 Register Per Second , a lot of failure and can not work .

(cpu are not used much at that time. IO is not high.)

My question :
What is the root cause of bad performance when there is 100k subscribers' data in the Mysql database.

How can I deploy a kamailio with 300k  subscriber in database, and support 6000 register per second at the same time ?
Maybe use ram database instead of Mysql?

Thanks with regards,
David