[SR-Users] Kamctl Stats Update

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 16:53:59 CEST 2017

Hello,

jsonrcps is the module required by kamctl starting with version 5.0
(being the module renamed from jsonrpc-s).

Then, back to the main topic here -- the output for 'kamctl stats' was
inherited from old times when MI (with no standard format in its output)
was used to interact with kamailio and it was like a printed string in
the form of "group.name = value" for each of the available statistics.

As I also wanted for quite long time to get a more json friendly output
for stats, this discussion brought it back in my attention and I just
added the rpc command stats.fetch. This one returns a json structure
like in next example for getting shared memory stats:

# kamctl rpc stats.fetch shmem:
{
  "jsonrpc":  "2.0",
  "result": {
    "shmem.fragments":  "1",
    "shmem.free_size":  "64288976",
    "shmem.max_used_size":  "2819888",
    "shmem.real_used_size": "2819888",
    "shmem.total_size": "67108864",
    "shmem.used_size":  "2578288"
  },
  "id": 44590
}

I left the value as string in order to accommodate large numbers (as the
rpc interface works usually with integers), but if people finds it
inconvenient, I can look at seeing if large numbers are actually needed
here.