[SR-Users] kamailio 4.4 registering to a SIP trunk provider using UAC then outbound routing to it.

Jonathan Hunter hunterj91 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 13 18:22:59 CEST 2017

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the response.

My problem appears to be kamailio proxying the 407 response to the originating SIP trunk, which I appreciate it will do as its a proxy.

I presume if I want to absorb the 407 and handle only on the kamailio proxy which is the last point to the SIP carrier, this is more B2BUA, as I would normally have FreeSWITCH/ASterisk registering with the outbound sip provider and proxy the request via kamailio, where as in this case I am registering direct from kamailio so making it a little more complex in terms of handling the 407.

Jon