[SR-Users] kamailio 4.4 registering to a SIP trunk provider using UAC then outbound routing to it.

Jonathan Hunter hunterj91 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 13 17:33:19 CEST 2017

Hi Guys,

I have a SIP provider who only accept registrations from users, so I have registered my kamailio Server with them using the uac module.

It is registered fine, and I can get inbound calls on the trunk.

My query is the best way to send outbound calls out via the registered sip gateway?

I would normally load balance using dispatcher if it was to IP authenticating providers, but as they are using registration, what would be best practice to send outbound calls via the registration which is establised with the uac module?

Is it just a question of doing it within the configuration file, as again they will look to auth requests as well with a 401/407 so I assume I can use uac_auth() for that.

Just wondering what other people have done if anything, is my other option is to register using a B2Bua on the same server, and leave kamailio just as a proxy.

Many thanks

Jon