[SR-Users] Question about fix_nated_contact.

Володимир Іванець volodyaivanets at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 16:02:43 CEST 2017

Hello everyone,

I have system setup where there are few Asterisk servers behind Kamailio
that is behind the firewall. There is a problem with call initiation. When
phone from outside sends INVITE to Kamailio, it then passes it to one of
Asterisk servers. Asterisk server eventually replies to Kamailio with 200
OK. Contact header contains Asterisk's local IP address and port. Kamailio
executes function *fix_nated_contact*  before sending reply to the phone.
However Contact header will still have Asterisk's local socket.

*fix_nated_contact* is being executed with no doubt. I can see xlog output
that I set before and after it. Can someone tell how exactly
*fix_nated_contact* gets "*request's source address:port pair*" and if it
can be printed to the log?

Thank you!