[SR-Users] Call drops after 32 seconds with ACK Timeout

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Fri Sep 1 16:42:13 CEST 2017

Hello Mykyta,

The problem is that the Record-Route header being inserted in your 200
OK [1] is the private IP address of the Kamailio proxy, and this address
is not the address that is used by the outside endpoint to reach the
proxy. So, end-to-end ACKs and other in-dialog requests sent through it
will not reach the proxy and will not be forwarded to the callee.

It seems to me that your server has a 1:1 NAT'd public IP. The idiomatic
solution to this problem from a Kamailio perspective is to take
advantage of the 'advertise' parameter to the 'listen' directive:

https://www.kamailio.org/wiki/cookbooks/5.0.x/core#listen

If you set it to your public IP, e.g.

   listen=udp:10.17.0.9:5060 advertise x.x.x.x.x:5060

I think things will work better for you. :-)

-- Alex

[1] See line 45 here: https://pastebin.com/wyT3cBbD

On Fri, Sep 01, 2017 at 05:35:08PM +0300, Микита Нікітенко wrote:

> Hello! I have server at digital ocean with a floating ip address and I have
> routed sip traffic to this floating ip. At this server installed kamailio
> which balancing between freeswitch servers. I have a problem that call
> drops after 32 seconds with error ACK Timeout.
>
> kamailio.cfg - https://pastebin.com/x0CL3TEZ
> kamailio sip messages log - https://pastebin.com/wyT3cBbD
> freeswitch logs with sip debug - https://pastebin.com/zPysfQkV
>
> I'm struggling for a week and have no idea how to fix it.
> Thank you very much.
> Mykyta Nikitenko

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)