[SR-Users] Radius accounting and cdr's

Jan Hazenberg jenus at cyberchaos.nl
Tue Oct 31 11:50:24 CET 2017

Hi all,

I have a question regarding radius accounting. I would like to have a
config where i store local cdr records (and not the ACC records) and
send accounting to radius as well. I have the following config:

# ----- acc params -----
/* General settings */
modparam("acc", "log_level", 0)
modparam("acc", "log_facility", "LOG_LOCAL2")

/* Enable cdr's */
modparam("acc", "cdr_enable", 1)
modparam("acc", "cdr_log_enable", 1)
modparam("acc", "cdr_start_on_confirmed", 0)
modparam("acc", "cdr_facility", "LOG_LOCAL2")
modparam("acc", "cdr_on_failed", 1)

/* what special events should be accounted ? */
modparam("acc", "early_media", 0)
modparam("acc", "report_ack", 0)
modparam("acc", "report_cancels", 0)
modparam("acc", "detect_direction", 1)

/* Accounting triggers (flags) */
modparam("acc", "log_flag", FLT_ACC)
modparam("acc", "log_missed_flag", FLT_ACCMISSED)
modparam("acc", "failed_transaction_flag", FLT_ACCFAILED)
modparam("acc_radius", "radius_flag", FLT_ACC)
modparam("acc_radius", "radius_missed_flag", FLT_ACCMISSED)
modparam("acc_radius", "radius_config",
"/etc/radiusclient-ng/radiusclient.conf")

This works but stores the raw accounting records as well. If i disable
the acc log_flag it stops sending radius accounting records (while the
acc_radius log_flag is still enabled). Is it possible to send only
radius accounting records and disable the local logging of those
records, but leave the cdr logging enabled?

Or is there a option where i can set only the cdr_log_level so
accounting records will only show up when i increase the debug level?

Another option is to use a seperate log facility for accounting and
cdr's, but it would be nice if it is possible to disable the logging of
accounting records and only keep the cdr's.

I'm running kamailio 5.0.3.

Thanks,

Jan