[SR-Users] uac_replace_from and header adulterations

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 09:18:48 CEST 2017

Hello,

On 23.10.17 08:56, Alex Balashov wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 08:52:46AM +0200, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>
>> what version of kamailio are you using in this case? Later versions of
>> kamailio should not set a broken header in that case (no header with
>> invalid chars). So the initial header is no longer stored, and you
>> don't get the bad request anymore.
> When was that change made? I am using some checkout of the 4.4 branch.
this commit in 4.4 branch: b38167923bd13abb6bbe4d58a57ed053faa5e68e

It ensures it doesn't get truncated or gets not printable chars inside it.

>> On the other hand, there is already an alternative mode to store the
>> initial values using dialog, see the parameters of uac module. This
>> should work at this moment for your situation.
> Thanks! I had forgot about that possibility.

Just for more clarification: if the UA is changing the URI in From/To
for requests within dialog, it makes it clear that it is not rfc2543
backward compatible, so having whatever uri value there should work.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio Advanced Training, Nov 13-15, 2017, in Berlin - www.asipto.com