[SR-Users] shared dialogs

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 18:06:32 CEST 2017

Hello,

On 17.10.17 10:27, : Paolo Visintin - Time-Net S.r.l. wrote:
> Hi kamailio users,  I'm wondering if there's something already done
> with shared dialog among more kamailio instances, in order to manage
> branches initalized by another kamailio instance.
>
> ​A
> ctually seems not possible (also with db mode) because kamailio is
> looking into caller/callee_sock and if it's different does not manage
>
> in a "standard" failover environment (master / slave) with vIP and
> keepalived and $fs = VIRTUAL_IP everything is working fine
>
> but in a distributed environment this could not happen as the relay is
> managed by a kamailio proxy

I looked at the code and the dialog module just not sets the local
socket fields if there is no match, but loads them from db and all
should be fine, an existing socket will be used if there is a need to
send BYE. What exactly you encointered? There is a warning message when
the local socket is not matched, but it's about ignoring the socket
field, not ignoring the dialog from db.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio Advanced Training, Nov 13-15, 2017, in Berlin - www.asipto.com