[SR-Users] blf in kamailio dmq cluster

Aidar Kamalov aidar.kamalov at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 14:49:56 CET 2017

I have some kamailio servers in each city: city1.example.com,
city2.example.com, city3.example.com.
Users in city1 connects to city1.example.com.

each kamailio has in config:
alias="city1.example.com"
alias="city2.example.com"
alias="city3.example.com"

modparam("dmq", "server_address", "sip:LOCALIP:5050")
modparam("dmq", "notification_address", "sip:city1.example.com:5050")
modparam("dmq", "notification_address", "sip:city2.example.com:5050")
modparam("dmq", "notification_address", "sip:city3.example.com:5050")
modparam("dmq", "num_workers", 6)
modparam("dmq_usrloc", "enable", 1)
modparam("dmq_usrloc", "sync", 1)

        if(is_method("PUBLISH")) {
                handle_publish();
                if(!dmq_is_from_node()) dmq_t_replicate();
                t_release();
        } else if(is_method("SUBSCRIBE")) {
                handle_subscribe();
                if(!dmq_is_from_node()) dmq_t_replicate();
                t_release();
        }

When publish from city1.example.com replicated to city2.example.com, PUBLISH
sip:34200 at city1.example.com SIP/2.0 but there is no 34200 at city1.example.com
in active_watchers table there is  34200 at city2.example.com. So when publish
is coming to city2.example.com handle_publish can not found it, and doesn't
send NOTIFY.

Is it any way to ignore domain part in handle_publish()?

> Hello,
>
> Why are you trying to operate across domains in the same DMQ cluster?
> Usually, servers operating in different domains do not need to be aware of
> each other's user location and/or subscription records - if a request is
> for another domain, simply forward it to the server(s) responsible for that
> domain.
>
> Also, regardless of DMQ or any replication, publishes for one domain would
> not match subscriptions for another domain; even on a single server.
>
> Can you describe your architecture in more detail and what you are looking
> to achieve with replication?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Charles
>

> On 29 November 2017 at 12:45, Aidar Kamalov <aidar.kamalov at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have two(or more) kamailio servers with dmq module and dmq_usrloc -
>> sip1.example.com and sip2.example.com
>> publish and subcribe replication works too.
>>
>> BLF works fine if clients connected to the same kamailio server, because
>> in active_watchers table stored with same domain sip1.example.com
>>
>> But what to do when call going from one server to second? Is there any
>> configuration to ignore domain in pusblish, subscribe, notify, etc?
>>
>> --
>> Aydar A. Kamalov

> *Charles Chance*
> Managing Director
>
> t. 0330 120 1200    m. 07932 063 891
>
> Sipcentric Ltd. Company registered in England & Wales no. 7365592. Registered
> office: Faraday Wharf, Innovation Birmingham Campus, Holt Street,
> Birmingham Science Park, Birmingham B7 4BB.

Aydar A. Kamalov