[SR-Users] URL problems connecting to external (Azure) MySQL database

Samuel F. samuel_is_kewl at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 27 22:19:20 CET 2017

Hi again,

Reviewing the source for the parsing function it looks like it won't be possible.

https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/blob/5295a4f5eac08c1bb100bf554a995833c434c4dc/src/modules/db_mysql/my_uri.c#L147

We see that once it hits the @, if it hasn't hit a : or / before it will assume everything to the left of the @ is the username and then it will start to parse everything to the right of the @ as the hostname.

In your case the host will be: clouddb and the port will be: password at clouddb.mysql.database.azure.com

Have you checked the docs under section 6?:

6. Reading configuration from my.cnf

Not sure how that is implemented to fetch the data but that might perhaps be a way to get around the parsing structure in the mysql module.

Also, feel free to submit a patch for the above parsing function if possible.

// Samuel