[SR-Users] "Federated" PBX solution with GUI to use with Kamailio - Suggestions needed

George Diamantopoulos georgediam at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 05:11:59 CET 2017

Hello all!

I'm looking at "PBX" platforms to use with kamailio as a load-balancer.
This is not a strictly kamailio question, but I thought that if anyone has
a suggestion to make, they would be watching this list.

I'm investigating a use case with the following requirements:
* Kamailio will act as a load-balancer, dispatching initial requests to PBX
entities (e.g. Asterisk, Freeswitch)
* PBX solution must have a single GUI interface to manage PBX functions
(think FreePBX, FusionPBX etc)
* Configuration via the GUI must apply to all PBX instances
* Some sort of "asterisk-realtime + device state synchronization"-like
setup must ensure every PBX box can service any request at any time (for
failover)
* Solution needn't be multi-tenant oriented, but if it is, it must work
fine for single-tenant setups as well without multi-tenant capability
getting in the way all the time
* Feature list needn't be as full as, say, FreePBX's, but most common
functionality must be available (inbound/outbound routing, trunks, queues,
hunting to name a few)
* Must be open source

As a proprietary example, MiRTA PBX seems to check all the boxes above,
apart from being open source. Now this "product" also offers high
availability for databases and web apps, which is beyond the scope of this
investigation. I'm only looking at a solution that provides a federated,
synchronized farm of PBX instances.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Best regards,
George