[SR-Users] SUBSCRIBE NAT Keep-Alive

Asgaroth 00asgaroth00 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 12:54:16 CET 2017

Hi All,

I'd like to ask the guru's out there their opinion on how to solve the
nat problem for presence subscriptions.

We have an issue with subscriptions that get timed out and the notify
clears the subscription out of the active_watchers table due to the
notify timing out, I think this is expected and the right way to do it.
However, how do others out there ensure that their subscription nat
states are kept alive? For registrations we have nathelper, but, what is
the sanest way of doing the same for subscriptions?

I was originally thinking of sending notifications through our
registrar/lookup  server, but, I'm not sure if that is the correct way
to do it.

Any thoughts, tips, tricks would be much appreciated.

Cheers