[SR-Users] Tcp socket error with active/active kamailio schema

Donat Zenichev donat.zenichev at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 19:24:56 CET 2017

Hi guys.

I'm trying to realize active/active schema with kamailio.
Topology is as following:
active/active kamailio -> routing server (asterisk)

Kamailio servers work as registrar/location servers and sbc.
Asterisk server performs routing functions for calls.

We use sip / sips / ws / wss for signaling.

Schema built on aws platform and both kamailio have virtual ip address.
So when first kamailio crashes, second one assigns ip address of first
kamailio. And vice-versa.

Both kamailio listens on both shared addresses all the time (with help of
sysctl non lolcal bind function).

Problem occurs when first kamailio goes down and second kamailio gets ip
address of first one. Asterisk tries to send in-dialog requests (for
dialogs that were established on first kamailio), request goes to second
kamailio and asterisk gets a socket error.

And this is proper behaviour I think, because first kamailio established
tcp connection with asterisk from certain port, that is not listened on
second kamailio.

So that, I think that the solution is to use force_send_socket function,
but I'm not confident about it.
If anyone has ideas, please send your advices.
Thanks in advance.

BR, Donat Zenichev
Wnet VoIP team
Tel:  +380(44) 5-900-808