[SR-Users] Topoh module configuration for SIP proxy and SIP registrar

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 11:14:33 CET 2017

Hello,

On 01.11.17 10:19, Christian Conus wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to configure the topoh module for kamailio 5.0.2. I read the
> documentation but some points are still not clear to me.
>
> The topology of my network is as follow:
> - Two SIP proxies
> - Two SIP registrars
> - Only one SIP proxy is running (the other take over automatically in case
> the first fails)
> - Both registrars are running (proxy sends requests to both registrars using
> round robin algorithm)
>
> Text mode graph of the topology (hope it helps understand):
>

> I tried to enable topoh on SIP proxy only, on both proxy and registrars,
> with same mask_key everywhere and with different mask_key between proxy and
> registrars but everytime I could still see parts of the SIP header which was
> not obfuscated.
>
> My questions are:
>
> - Is it necessary to enable topoh module on each SIP proxy and SIP registrar
> ?

You should enable it only on your edge proxy (where you face the traffic
from outside world), inside your network makes no sense.

> - The mask_key should be the same on each server or it should be different
> between proxy and registrars?

Should be he same only on the servers that are supposed to route the
same message at a stage. So should be the same in the proxies. For
registrars you likely don't need at all topos, but there should be
different.
> - the mask address should be the same on each server or it should be
> different between proxy and registrars ?
You can set the address to be the IP address used by that server for SIP
traffic.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio Advanced Training, Nov 13-15, 2017, in Berlin - www.asipto.com