[SR-Users] How to get modified SDP by RTPProxy

Albert Petit albert.petit at genaker.net
Tue May 30 19:15:41 CEST 2017

Hi list,

We are using RTPProxy as media proxy. When doing a SIPcall  we would need
to know the final ports used by RTPProxy.
Hence  I would need to access the rewritten SDP of the 200 OK  send by our
application server.
Unfortunately we are not achieving to get that rewritten SDP.

I tried calling sdp_print("1") using module  sdpops  just after calling
rtpproxy_offer or rtpproxy_answer in kamailio script. (According the doc
those methods do: "Rewrites SDP body to ensure that media is passed through
an RTP proxy. To be invoked on INVITE for the cases the SDPs are in INVITE
and 200 OK and on 200 OK when SDPs are in 200 OK and ACK".)

However the sdp we print just after calling that is still having the
original ports set by the AS but not the ports used in the rtpproxy or that
we will send to the client in the rewritten SDP

What are we doing wrong? Any hint how we can get the  rewritten SDP in the
200 OK answer we send to caller side?