[SR-Users] PV Setting Question

Duarte Rocha duarterocha91 at gmail.com
Wed May 17 14:08:02 CEST 2017

Good Afternoon,

I'm having trouble with creation and value setting of some pseudo-variables.

In the first cases, I used the pvapic.c function pv_get_sintval() like this
:

pv_get_sintval(msg, param, res, number_int_value);

Using pv_get_sintval() i can assign the value to the PV  and print it in
the configuration file without any problem.

However, if i need to assign a char* to the PV and use  pv_get_strzval(msg,
param, res, number_char_value);, it doesn't reach the configuration file.

I made some debugs inside pv_get_strzval() in order to see the values of
"res->rs.s" and res->rs.len and both values are fine. I just can't access
them in the configuration file.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers,

Duarte Rocha